Monday, June 2, 2008

Lessons I am learning

That we can always learn to do better and hopefully will before something bad happens. There's always room for improvement.

That shit happens to even the best and most responsible people. This doesn't mean we don't try to do our best but there should be room for forgiveness because most of us really are doing the best we can at that particular moment. This includes forgiving myself because only then can I share this compassion with others with any sincerity.

And finally, while we still have to get on with our daily lives that's not the same as losing hope.

I vow to work on becoming even more vigilant and more diligent along with occasionally allowing myself to breathe in order to appreciate each fragile moment I have with those I love.

2 comments:

Kady Cannon said...

I think you should take beautifulwolf up on her offer. She is young and lithe and can probably tromp around the under- and over-growth better than old people like me ;-)

Traci said...

Great lessons Le'o.... I think we could all stand to work on the things you mention here.... I know things have been tough for you lately... know you're never far from my thoughts, my friend. :( I'm sorry you've had such a tough patch....

Your nephew-dog Chance E. Pants sends his undying love to his Auntie Le'o and sister Celie and hopes there are smiles in your future! :)